5. Learning objectives and assessment¶
5.1. Learning objectives¶
- Approaches for working in teams.
- Designing a working library for specific technical requirements.
- Working to a realistic project specification.
- Effective use of version control.
- Devising tests.
- Reinforcement of skills developed in Michaelmas Term.
- Introduction to user modules and multi-file library implementations.
- Working with user-defined objects.
5.2. Assessment guidelines¶
The following points will be used in assessing your implementation. Markers will want to view your Git log.
- Programs should execute without error.
- Interfaces should conform to the specification in the Deliverables.
- Programs should be correct.
- Clarity and structure of the implementations.
- Appropriate re-use of functions.
Documentation and process
- Documentation of the library (both docstrings and comments in the code).
- Unit tests.
- Effective use of version control (commits of small steps with clear messages).
- Balance of work within the team (as shown by the Git log).
- Use of continuous integration.